Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Ohio Valley Spaceport Update 2021

The Conjunction of Jupiter and Saturn- December 2020

The Spaceport has successfully relocated its spacecraft assembly facility to its new home in the great state of Tennessee. Over the past few months I have been busy unpacking and repairing the model collection . Moving delicate scale models is not for the faint of heart! I hope to return to unfinished modeling projects within the coming weeks.

******

One pending project is actually converting the Anigrand 1/72 scale Blue Gemini to a fictional Gemini from the novel Blue Gemini: A Thriller by Mike Jenne . I highly recommend the read! The author's website offers technical drawings of the gemini spacecraft featured in the novel. Although this model is based on a fictional spacecraft it is a feasible and intriguing design! Stay tuned!  

With the relocation I have taken the opportunity to upgrade my modeling materials. One is switching entirely to acrylic paints, specifically Vallejo Model Paints . What little I have worked with is impressive! I look forward to using them once I set up my airbrush workstation! 


Ad Astra!

No comments:

Post a Comment